Saturday, November 20, 2010

7 Quick Takes

for Week 8, Term 1, Year 1
it's most definitely not Friday at this point, so why put in the day, it's for the whole week anyway
1) I have learned how to crochet. It was caused Crochet for a Cause. I got a lesson in how to crochet a hat, and in exchange, when I finish this hat, I donate it back to give to be donated to a cancer treatment facility or a homeles shelter.
*
2) Lovely Ladies go to Voodoo Doughnuts. At least, four of us lovely ladies from the Inside-Out CHIP went to Voodoo after class on Tuesday, because Maggie was a Voodoo virgin. It was a blast, and just what I needed. I had been having a terrible day, and that absolutely made my day.
*
3) My friend Constanza always texts me about the weather, and that also makes my day.
4) This week has re-opened my eyes to the plethora of opportunities in college to practice the works of mercy. Feeding the hungry, in the homeless, in the friend without food, those without money to provide food for Thanksgiving, giving drink to the thirsty, during a loooong class, or to a friend who's feeling sick, clothing the friend who is locked out of their room straight out of the shower, and driving friends home so they don't have to walk in the rain or at night. I don't think that last one is a technical work of mercy, but I say it counts. Ü
*
5) I love watching the acapella groups preform! Every friday there is a group of us Newman girls who get together to see Mind the Gap, On the Rocks, and Divisi in the EMU ampitheater or fishbowl. I was especially excited this week, because Mind the Gap and On the Rocks preformed my favorite of their songs, Zombie and Insomniac. It was wonderful!
*
6) For most of this week I sounded like a dead or dying frog. I croaked and hacked, and consumed a massive amount of cough drops. I was felt terrible. On Monday I had the bulk of the day off, and I took a two hour nap. When I finally went to the Health Center, they told me it was only a cold, and, surprise surprise, I've gotten much better since then.
*
7) 7 for 7!!! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (aka Book 7) Part 1 came out at 12 am on Friday. Thanks to friend of the year Maggie, who waited in line for four hours by herself, both of us had amazing seats in, get this, theater 7!! I was excited, because I had been to the midnight showing of movie 1, so to go again for movie 7 was so cool. My favorite part: they kept the holy/holey scene!! Weasly twins ftw!

No comments:

Post a Comment