Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Twinkle Twinkle

“Twinkle, twinkle, little star/How I wonder what you are/Up above the world so high/Like a diamond in the sky/Twinkle, twinkle, little star/How I wonder what you are”
I am not a child anymore, but I still love this song. Mainly because I love stars. I have been known to get incredibly distracted, stop walking in front of people, and suddenly look up at the sky. For some reason, stars continue to fascinate me. To me, they are a reminder of how much, and how unconditionally God loves me. So, last night you could find my car, pulled over on the highway, in the high desert area outside of Bend, with me standing outside, staring up. The night sky was so incredible. I have never seen anything like that before. The Milky Way was clear, and there were so many stars. For the first time, I noticed that the song is true. Stars do twinkle. Then, as if just to make me giggle, because He knew I was watching, I saw a shooting star.
The whole scene was so amazing; this duckling’s heart was filled with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment