Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Somebody prayed for me

Have you ever had an experience where you know, without any proof, but beyond a reasonable doubt, that someone just said a prayer for you? You're having a bad day, or even an ok day, but something is up, not everything is right. Then, suddenly, it feels like whatever was holding you back or down just lifts, and even if it is not toally gone, you feel hopeful, like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders. To me, that is the sign of a prayer said for you.

This happened to me walking to class today. I have been stressed out today, just not having a great day, and then suddenly everything just seemed more hopeful. That was a prayer.

It was't the first time this has happened either. One instance I distincly remember was at the Day of the Son retreat last year. It was Saturday, and I was just not with it. I knew I should be excited, and engaged, because, after all, I was on a retreat, with some of my best friends. But I just wasn't feeling it. Then, in the middle of a talk, something just clicked. It was totally apart from what the speaker was saying, and I was engaged. I just knew, at that moment, someone had said a prayer for me.

Another, more recent example happened to those around me. Our rec indoor soccer team, the Newmanators, was in the first round of their playoffs. With 90 seconds to go, they were down by one goal. In those 90 seconds, they scored twice, to win. This is the Hail Mary of indoor soccer. We are all convinced that everyone they asked to pray for them, remembered at that exact moment. It worked.

So, if you get the strange urge to pray for someone, please don't ignore it. You never know what is happening on the other end because of your little faithfulness. Trust me, it makes a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment