Friday, November 12, 2010

My (A Soft Spot) Heart

I love life, all of it. However, there are some things that just have a special spot in my heart. I want to share a couple that have come recently.


Easter Vigil- For those of you who know, it is the longest Mass there it. We're talking at least 3 hours, plus. If you're participating, in the choir or as an altar server as I have, it is intense. There is a lot more prep work, plus so much to remember and do during the whole service. It only comes once a year, and it is a big deal. It always starts in the evening, and goes late into the night. There are more readings, and lots of special traditions, to celebrate Easter as it first comes into being. One of the coolest parts is watching the catechumens, the people who have been praying, discerning and studying to become Catholic get baptized, recieve Sacraments and join our Church family. Anyway, for all the work, for all the stress, for all the time, I just love Easter Vigil. It occupies a special place in my heart, and it all will. Sometimes I wish it came more than once a year, but I think the very exclusivity makes it even more special.


And...

Puns- Most people groan, but I absolutely love a bad pun. They make me giggle, and I love to use them. There is seriously a soft spot in my heart for this verbal trickery. It's wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment